To put it in a nutshell, KYC verification is identity verification. It’s an acronym for “Know Your Customer/Client”.
KYC processes are widely adopted by financial institutions to make sure that their proposed customers/clients are truly who they claimed to be and to ensure the safety and compliance of transactions to the largest extent.
Now KYC verification is required by major crypto exchanges around the world. If this verification is not completed, users cannot get access to all features and services. Please follow the instruction below to pass your KYC verification:
1. Click [My Account]on the upper-right corner of the homepage.
2. Click [Identity Verification]. Here, you’ll see the whole KYC process, which is composed of 2 phases.3. Click [Verify (KYC 1)] to start. After it is completed, you’ll be able to buy, deposit and withdraw crypto, and your withdrawal limit will be up to 10,000,000.00 USDT.4. Select your country/region of residence. Please note that we are unable to provide services to users from countries/regions that are not on this list.5. Fill in your name here. Please note that the name should be exactly the same as what is written on your identity document.
10. Take a selfie of you holding the information page of your selected ID document.
(Please make sure all the information on your ID is clearly visible and readable. You may refer to the image below to take the picture. Please don’t wear hats or glasses; don’t add any filters to your selfie. Take the picture in a bright environment.)12. Have a check: your selfie should be in jpg, jpeg, or png format and not exceed 5M.12. After it’s all set, click this area to upload your selfie.13. Click [Continue]to submit all your information needed for KYC 1. Please note that your information will be used for identity verification only, and will be kept safe by BTCEX.
14. Now your KYC 1 verification is under review. Normally this process will be completed within 24 hours.15. You’ll be notified by email that your KYC1 Verification is passed.Remember to check your spam folder as well in case you miss the notification email.16. After you received the notification email, go back to [My Account]> [Identity Verification]and you can see that KYC 1 is completed.
Now you can buy, deposit and withdraw crypto on BTCEX, with a withdrawal limit of up to 10,000,000.00 USDT. If you would like to increase this limit to 20,000,000.00 USDT, click [Verify (KYC 2)].
17. If you would like to complete KYC 2 verification on this web page, just click[Web Authentication].Of course, you can also choose to complete KYC 2 on your phone if you’ve installed BTCEX App. We’ll walk you through the whole process later in this guide.
18. KYC 2 is a facial verification. Before you click [Begin Verification], please read the above tips to help you complete the process successfully.
19. Please allow BTCEX to use your camera if this notification pops out20. Now you should be able to see your face on the screen. Please follow the instructions bellow to complete the facial verification.
21. Congrats! Now you’ve passed both KYC 1 and KYC 2 verification. Your withdrawal limit at BTCEX has been increased to 2,000,000 USDT.22. Now we go back to passing KYC 2 on your phone using BTCEX App. If you haven’t got it on your phone, scan the QR code below to download it.23. So, if you would like to do KYC 2 on your phone, open your BTCEX App and tap this icon.24. Scan this QR code on [My Account]> [Identity Verification] > [Verify KYC 2].25. Remember to allow BTCEX to access the camera on your phone.
26. Read the tips carefully before you tap [Begin Verification].27. Follow the instructions below to complete the facial verification.28. Your KYC 2 verification is completed.